FreeBSD behind a router. - Network

This is a discussion on FreeBSD behind a router. - Network ; I'm working on a University in chile, and we have a very big network, who interconnet campus all over the country, but, in every campus we have a dedicated Internet conection, and to filter the content who goes outside, we ...

  1. FreeBSD behind a router.

    I'm working on a University in chile, and we have a very big network,
    who interconnet campus all over the country, but, in every campus we
    have a dedicated Internet conection, and to filter the content who
    goes outside, we have a proxy server.
    This proxy is filtering a lot of things, like ftp, ssh, and sometimes
    we need to access to this services and we can't. What I'm trying to do
    is find the way out to "jump over" this proxy and conect to Internet
    directly. I know the ip of the proxy, and I'm trying to do this using
    some Linux distro. Right now I'm using FreeBSD to find the wait out to
    the liberty

    The network looks like this:

    Internet----(64.76.155.2)_proxy_(192.168.80.10)------me(192.168.80.xxx)

    Can anybody tell me what can I do, or maybe not just tell me, I think
    it will be better if you can send me some kind of manual, or something
    like that.

    That's all, sorry for my poor english, I'm from Chile

  2. Re: FreeBSD behind a router.

    bquiroz@gmail.com (bquiroz) wrote in
    news:623ca54b.0503281854.376cfeca@posting.google.c om:

    > I'm working on a University in chile, and we have a very big network,
    > who interconnet campus all over the country, but, in every campus we
    > have a dedicated Internet conection, and to filter the content who
    > goes outside, we have a proxy server.
    > This proxy is filtering a lot of things, like ftp, ssh, and sometimes
    > we need to access to this services and we can't. What I'm trying to do
    > is find the way out to "jump over" this proxy and conect to Internet
    > directly. I know the ip of the proxy, and I'm trying to do this using
    > some Linux distro. Right now I'm using FreeBSD to find the wait out to
    > the liberty
    >
    > The network looks like this:
    >
    > Internet----(64.76.155.2)_proxy_(192.168.80.10)------me

    (192.168.80.xxx)

    > Can anybody tell me what can I do, or maybe not just tell me, I think
    > it will be better if you can send me some kind of manual, or something
    > like that.
    >
    > That's all, sorry for my poor english, I'm from Chile

    Unless the engineer that designed this and configured your firewall is
    an idiot, this will be difficult at best. Most times he firewall is
    configured to accept connections on the inside from the proxy and only
    from the proxy (or other priveledged host). You might be able to spoof
    the proxy address, but again its a long shot at best.

+ Reply to Thread