Change IP of router - Network

This is a discussion on Change IP of router - Network ; I am using a cable modem If I connect directly to the modem, I can easily change my dynamic ip by dos commands call ipconfig /release call netsh interface ip set address name="Local Area Connection" static 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0 1.1.1.1 1 ...

  1. Change IP of router

    I am using a cable modem

    If I connect directly to the modem, I can easily change my
    dynamic ip by dos commands

    call ipconfig /release

    call netsh interface ip set address name="Local Area Connection" static
    1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0 1.1.1.1 1

    call ipconfig /renew

    call netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" dhcp

    call ipconfig /renew

    But how can I do the similar thing when connect to the modem
    through a router?

    thanks

  2. Re: Change IP of router

    Hello,

    You can only change your private (internal LAN) IP when connected to a
    router. If you wish to change your external (WAN) IP, you must log
    into your router and release the WAN IP and refresh it.

    Check to make sure your Internet connection (or Internet/network
    services) are running at all times with First Alert Service Monitor.
    Available here: http://www.electrasoft.com/fasm.htm

    Kind Regards,
    Bill Krahmer

    Internet/network service monitoring software.
    "First Alert Service Monitor" - Free trial.

    On 27 Mar 2005 00:26:09 -0800, "cool2005" wrote:

    >I am using a cable modem
    >
    >If I connect directly to the modem, I can easily change my
    >dynamic ip by dos commands
    >
    >call ipconfig /release
    >
    >call netsh interface ip set address name="Local Area Connection" static
    >1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0 1.1.1.1 1
    >
    >call ipconfig /renew
    >
    >call netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" dhcp
    >
    >call ipconfig /renew
    >
    >But how can I do the similar thing when connect to the modem
    >through a router?
    >
    >thanks

+ Reply to Thread