Does adsl work like dial-up? - Network

This is a discussion on Does adsl work like dial-up? - Network ; Hello, I need to know if adsl works like a dial-up connection, or if it is "bound" to the specific phoneline. If I packed my adslmodem, the splitter, etc., and took it to someone else's house, could I use my ...

  1. Does adsl work like dial-up?

    Hello,
    I need to know if adsl works like a dial-up connection, or if it is
    "bound" to the specific phoneline. If I packed my adslmodem, the splitter,
    etc., and took it to someone else's house, could I use my adsl connection
    over their phoneline as with a dial-up?
    Thanks for any help.
    Piegan

  2. Re: Does adsl work like dial-up?

    Piegan wrote:

    >Hello,
    >I need to know if adsl works like a dial-up connection, or if it is
    >"bound" to the specific phoneline. If I packed my adslmodem, the splitter,
    >etc., and took it to someone else's house, could I use my adsl connection
    >over their phoneline as with a dial-up?
    >Thanks for any help.
    >Piegan

    Its not like dial up. It is bound to that line.

  3. Re: Does adsl work like dial-up?

    Hello,

    It is bound to that line.

    Now, with cable Internet, you can take your cable modem to another
    location that has the same cable network and it should work.

    Kind Regards,
    Bill Krahmer

    Internet/network service monitoring software.
    "First Alert Service Monitor" - Free trial.
    http://www.electrasoft.com/fasm.htm

    On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 13:40:48 +0100, Piegan wrote:

    >Hello,
    >I need to know if adsl works like a dial-up connection, or if it is
    >"bound" to the specific phoneline. If I packed my adslmodem, the splitter,
    >etc., and took it to someone else's house, could I use my adsl connection
    >over their phoneline as with a dial-up?
    >Thanks for any help.
    >Piegan

+ Reply to Thread