Linksys WRT54G Setup Page - Network

This is a discussion on Linksys WRT54G Setup Page - Network ; Ive got a Linksys WRT54G wirless router but i cant access the setup page eventhought my internet connection is working fine. Help would be apreciated....

  1. Linksys WRT54G Setup Page

    Ive got a Linksys WRT54G wirless router but i cant access the setup
    page eventhought my internet connection is working fine. Help would be
    apreciated.

  2. Re: Linksys WRT54G Setup Page

    Hello,

    I am not familiar with that model of course, but it should work like
    the other similar models. Make sure your computer is plugged into one
    of the LAN ports on the router, and make sure the Internet (I am
    assuming DSL or cable) is plugged into the WAN port on the router.

    What version of Windows do you have?

    To be safe, just reboot the system and make sure your network
    configuration is set to automatically get an IP address, before
    rebooting.

    Bring up a browser and type in 192.168.1.1 If that doesn't work, try
    192.168.0.1 - and then hit enter. The setup should come up. If not,
    then you do not have your network configuration setup properly. That
    or a slight chance of a problem with the router, if it is new. Call
    linksys support if that doesn't do it.

    Kind Regards,
    Bill Krahmer

    Internet/network service monitoring software - "First Alert Service
    Monitor". Free trial. http://www.electrasoft.com/fasm.htm

    On 23 Mar 2005 09:08:54 -0800, prateek51@gmail.com (Prateek Prasannan)
    wrote:

    >Ive got a Linksys WRT54G wirless router but i cant access the setup
    >page eventhought my internet connection is working fine. Help would be
    >apreciated.

  3. Re: Linksys WRT54G Setup Page

    http://192.168.1.1/
    password for basic setup is admin
    no user name

    "Bill Krahmer" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am not familiar with that model of course, but it should work like
    > the other similar models. Make sure your computer is plugged into one
    > of the LAN ports on the router, and make sure the Internet (I am
    > assuming DSL or cable) is plugged into the WAN port on the router.
    >
    > What version of Windows do you have?
    >
    > To be safe, just reboot the system and make sure your network
    > configuration is set to automatically get an IP address, before
    > rebooting.
    >
    > Bring up a browser and type in 192.168.1.1 If that doesn't work, try
    > 192.168.0.1 - and then hit enter. The setup should come up. If not,
    > then you do not have your network configuration setup properly. That
    > or a slight chance of a problem with the router, if it is new. Call
    > linksys support if that doesn't do it.
    >

    > Kind Regards,
    > Bill Krahmer
    >
    > Internet/network service monitoring software - "First Alert Service
    > Monitor". Free trial. http://www.electrasoft.com/fasm.htm
    >

    > On 23 Mar 2005 09:08:54 -0800, prateek51@gmail.com (Prateek Prasannan)
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Ive got a Linksys WRT54G wirless router but i cant access the setup
    >>page eventhought my internet connection is working fine. Help would be
    >>apreciated.

+ Reply to Thread