Cannot Get IP Address on Wireless Network - Network

This is a discussion on Cannot Get IP Address on Wireless Network - Network ; I am trying to get my computer connected to a wireless network. When I view the network list it says that I am connected to the network and the signal is strong. However when I check the status of the ...

  1. Cannot Get IP Address on Wireless Network

    I am trying to get my computer connected to a wireless network.

    When I view the network list it says that I am connected to the network

    and the signal is strong.

    However when I check the status of the connection, I get a message that

    says, "You might not be able to access the Internet or some network
    resources. This problem occurred because the network did not assign a
    network address to the computer."

    So, I click on the Repair button and it starts the repair process. The
    repair process gets a far as "Renewing your IP address". It never
    renews the address. I have let it run for quite a while to see if it
    would assign an IP address.

    Any ideas on why I cannot get an IP address for this computer?

  2. Re: Cannot Get IP Address on Wireless Network

    Either your client or the AP you are trying to connect to might not have
    DHCP enabled would be my guess.....

    Robert...

    "sacto" wrote in message
    news:1111301382.362051.29600@g14g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    >I am trying to get my computer connected to a wireless network.
    >

    > When I view the network list it says that I am connected to the network
    >
    > and the signal is strong.
    >

    > However when I check the status of the connection, I get a message that
    >
    > says, "You might not be able to access the Internet or some network
    > resources. This problem occurred because the network did not assign a
    > network address to the computer."
    >

    > So, I click on the Repair button and it starts the repair process. The
    > repair process gets a far as "Renewing your IP address". It never
    > renews the address. I have let it run for quite a while to see if it
    > would assign an IP address.
    >

    > Any ideas on why I cannot get an IP address for this computer?

+ Reply to Thread