How to connect 6 pc's to Internet - Network

This is a discussion on How to connect 6 pc's to Internet - Network ; I am using Linksys Wireless 4 port route, but I have 6 pc's at home. What is the best way to connect all my pc's, network harddrive, and print server in one network. Thanks....

  1. How to connect 6 pc's to Internet

    I am using Linksys Wireless 4 port route, but I have 6 pc's at home.
    What is the best way to connect all my pc's, network harddrive, and
    print server in one network.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: How to connect 6 pc's to Internet

    You could buy another router and or hub.
    "chan" wrote in message
    news:1111285798.999677.3150@l41g2000cwc.googlegrou ps.com...
    >I am using Linksys Wireless 4 port route, but I have 6 pc's at home.
    > What is the best way to connect all my pc's, network harddrive, and
    > print server in one network.
    >
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: How to connect 6 pc's to Internet

    Make atleast 5 of your PCs wireless, or all 6. If your Network Harddrive is
    ethernet then connect it to a port on the router as well as your print
    server.

    Robert....

    "Nocturnal" wrote in message
    news%5%d.52551$xX3.16071@twister.socal.rr.com...
    > You could buy another router and or hub.
    > "chan" wrote in message
    > news:1111285798.999677.3150@l41g2000cwc.googlegrou ps.com...
    >>I am using Linksys Wireless 4 port route, but I have 6 pc's at home.
    >> What is the best way to connect all my pc's, network harddrive, and
    >> print server in one network.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

  4. Re: How to connect 6 pc's to Internet

    Hello Chan,

    The best thing to do is to plug a switch into one of the ports on the
    router. it is basically just a built-in switch in the router that
    gives you 4 ports. You can easily connect another switch to any of the
    ports (via the switch's uplink port).

    If you go wireless, and you have more than 1 wireless connection
    connected to the access point, it will force all the wireless
    connections to share bandwidth, making the connections slower.

    Kind Regards,
    Bill Krahmer

    Internet/network service monitoring software.
    "First Alert Service Monitor" - Free trial.
    http://www.electrasoft.com/fasm.htm

    On 19 Mar 2005 19:01:04 -0800, "chan"
    wrote:

    >I am using Linksys Wireless 4 port route, but I have 6 pc's at home.
    >What is the best way to connect all my pc's, network harddrive, and
    >print server in one network.
    >
    >Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread