Wired Webcam for Baby's Room - Network

This is a discussion on Wired Webcam for Baby's Room - Network ; Hi, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but I have a question about a webcam for a baby's room. My wife and I want to setup a webcam in the baby's room so that we ...

  1. Wired Webcam for Baby's Room

    Hi, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but I have a
    question about a webcam for a baby's room. My wife and I want to setup
    a webcam in the baby's room so that we can monitor the baby with a
    laptop located in the living room. We found a great solution for this-
    a linksys wireless webcam with built-in webcam server. Our only
    concern is with having a wireless device so close to the baby's crip
    that will be broadcasing non-stop 24/7. Is there a webcam or other
    solution that would allow for our desired setup through the use of a
    regular CAT-5 cable? Also, I would prefer not to have to dedicate a PC
    to host this.

  2. Re: Wired Webcam for Baby's Room

    You must be one of those people who think RF signals will fry your brain.
    FYI thats Drugs not RF.

    Seriously, there are many ethernet cams that will work for you. Just check
    any of the majot manufacturer sites. Below is a link to D-Links cams.

    D-Link http://www.dlink.com/products/category.asp?cid=60&sec=0

    Robert...

    "db_guy" wrote in message
    news:1111015971.172522.124850@g14g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but I have a
    > question about a webcam for a baby's room. My wife and I want to setup
    > a webcam in the baby's room so that we can monitor the baby with a
    > laptop located in the living room. We found a great solution for this-
    > a linksys wireless webcam with built-in webcam server. Our only
    > concern is with having a wireless device so close to the baby's crip
    > that will be broadcasing non-stop 24/7. Is there a webcam or other
    > solution that would allow for our desired setup through the use of a
    > regular CAT-5 cable? Also, I would prefer not to have to dedicate a PC
    > to host this.

  3. Re: Wired Webcam for Baby's Room

    Thanks. Also, I have since learned that the wireless Linksys webcam
    can be run with a CAT-5 cable, and I also think it is possible to
    toggle off the wireless broadcast. Thanks for the links.

    DLink Guru wrote:
    > You must be one of those people who think RF signals will fry your

    brain.
    > FYI thats Drugs not RF.
    >
    > Seriously, there are many ethernet cams that will work for you. Just

    check
    > any of the majot manufacturer sites. Below is a link to D-Links cams.
    >
    > D-Link http://www.dlink.com/products/category.asp?cid=60&sec=0
    >
    > Robert...
    >
    > "db_guy" wrote in message
    > news:1111015971.172522.124850@g14g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > > Hi, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but I have

    > > question about a webcam for a baby's room. My wife and I want to

    setup
    > > a webcam in the baby's room so that we can monitor the baby with a
    > > laptop located in the living room. We found a great solution for

    this-
    > > a linksys wireless webcam with built-in webcam server. Our only
    > > concern is with having a wireless device so close to the baby's

    crip
    > > that will be broadcasing non-stop 24/7. Is there a webcam or other
    > > solution that would allow for our desired setup through the use of

    > > regular CAT-5 cable? Also, I would prefer not to have to dedicate

    a PC
    > > to host this.

+ Reply to Thread