Portable USB/Network hard drives? - Network

This is a discussion on Portable USB/Network hard drives? - Network ; I am looking for a large (300+GB) portable hard drive that can be accessed via a network (I was told that Ethernet connections are faster than USB [not sure about that, or what exactly was being compared USB 2.0/gigabit networks ...

  1. Portable USB/Network hard drives?

    I am looking for a large (300+GB) portable hard drive that can be
    accessed via a network (I was told that Ethernet connections are faster
    than USB [not sure about that, or what exactly was being compared USB
    2.0/gigabit networks etc]) and USB. Does anyone have any suggestions
    for such a drive, and better yet is there such a drive that (in the
    case of USB) that is 300+GB that can get its power via USB instead of a
    separate power source? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Cheers

    -Gaiko

  2. Re: Portable USB/Network hard drives?

    gaikokujinkyofusho@gmail.com wrote:
    > I am looking for a large (300+GB) portable hard drive that can be
    > accessed via a network (I was told that Ethernet connections are

    faster
    > than USB [not sure about that, or what exactly was being compared USB
    > 2.0/gigabit networks etc]) and USB. Does anyone have any suggestions
    > for such a drive, and better yet is there such a drive that (in the
    > case of USB) that is 300+GB that can get its power via USB instead of

    > separate power source? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > -Gaiko

    Yes, they do exist. CompUSA has 'em:

    http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...2462&Ne=502457

    .... up to a Terabyte:

    http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...2464&Ne=502457

    Not sure what kind of power they need, but try visiting Seagate's and
    Maxtor's websites for specs...

    Good luck

    Mike
    http://www.darrettenterprises.com