Home networking problem - Network

This is a discussion on Home networking problem - Network ; Please help me. I'm having problems accessing the internet from my client computer. The host computer can get through to the internet with no problems but my client is blocked somewhere, even when I close my firewall(ZoneAlarm Pro). I can ...

  1. Home networking problem

    Please help me.
    I'm having problems accessing the internet from my client computer.
    The host computer can get through to the internet with no problems but
    my client is blocked somewhere, even when I close my firewall(ZoneAlarm
    Pro).
    I can share my files OK, so there is no problem with the network cards.
    I can ping the host computer from the client but I can't ping an
    outside IP address from the client.
    Both PCs are using WinXP SP2.
    Does anybody have any ideas please?

  2. Re: Home networking problem

    Go to the Windows Help and Support Center and search for Internet
    Connection Sharing. Look out for To enable Internet Connection Sharing
    on a network connection under SuggestedTopics.

    There is a wizard which you should run from the host computer first,
    followed by the client. It will assigned IP addresses to your private
    network and organise your gateways etc.

    This is the easiest way of setting up a bunch of Windows XP boxes to
    share one connection without the access to *nix boxes.

+ Reply to Thread