Make D-Link routher a hub - Network

This is a discussion on Make D-Link routher a hub - Network ; I in the past have been using a D-Link DI-604 router for my network. Reciently I have replaced that router with the D-Link DI-524. (same rounter just with wireless). What I want to do is use my new DI-524 wireless ...

  1. Make D-Link routher a hub

    I in the past have been using a D-Link DI-604 router for my
    network. Reciently I have replaced that router with the D-Link DI-524.
    (same rounter just with wireless).

    What I want to do is use my new DI-524 wireless router as my main
    router. I want to place the old DI-604 elsewhere in the house and
    connect it to the DI-524 to simply expand my ports. I simply want to
    use the DI-604 and a HUB not a router.

    What do I need to disable in the DI-604 to just make it a HUB?

    Thank you in advance...

    Steve

  2. Re: Make D-Link routher a hub

    Disable DHCP and any filtering and static IPs you have setup in the DI-604
    and dont plug anything into its WAN port......

    Robert...

    wrote in message
    news:1109967709.080859.151900@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...

    > I in the past have been using a D-Link DI-604 router for my
    > network. Reciently I have replaced that router with the D-Link DI-524.
    > (same rounter just with wireless).
    >
    > What I want to do is use my new DI-524 wireless router as my main
    > router. I want to place the old DI-604 elsewhere in the house and
    > connect it to the DI-524 to simply expand my ports. I simply want to
    > use the DI-604 and a HUB not a router.
    >
    > What do I need to disable in the DI-604 to just make it a HUB?
    >
    > Thank you in advance...
    >
    > Steve

  3. Re: Make D-Link routher a hub

    If I am not supposed to plug anything into the WAN port, then I am
    gathering that the cable from the main rounter gets plugged into one of
    the other four ports of the DI-604????

  4. Re: Make D-Link routher a hub

    correct..... You will be using the second router just as a HUB...

    "Steve" wrote in message
    news:1110848331.830824.113090@l41g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
    > If I am not supposed to plug anything into the WAN port, then I am
    > gathering that the cable from the main rounter gets plugged into one of
    > the other four ports of the DI-604????

+ Reply to Thread