routing to a standby server - any ideas ? - Network

This is a discussion on routing to a standby server - any ideas ? - Network ; I have two servers, primary & secondary. These servers sit on a private network (behind a firewall), but have different ip addreses. I am trying to find a device(or way)that will re-direct traffic to the secondary server if the primary ...

  1. routing to a standby server - any ideas ?

    I have two servers, primary & secondary. These servers sit on a private
    network (behind a firewall), but have different ip addreses.

    I am trying to find a device(or way)that will re-direct traffic to the
    secondary server if the primary server is unavailable.

    The traffic will be FTP based initially, comming in from the Internet. My
    first thoughts were the Cisco Local Director, but I'm not sure if this will
    do the job.

    Any ideas ??

  2. Re: routing to a standby server - any ideas ?

    "Leandro Nicoletti" schreef in bericht
    > I have two servers, primary & secondary. These servers sit on a private
    > network (behind a firewall), but have different ip addreses.
    >
    > I am trying to find a device(or way)that will re-direct traffic to the
    > secondary server if the primary server is unavailable.
    >
    > The traffic will be FTP based initially, comming in from the Internet. My
    > first thoughts were the Cisco Local Director, but I'm not sure if this

    will
    > do the job.
    >
    > Any ideas ??

    Cisco has a hot standby feature, or else look at a load-balancer

+ Reply to Thread