Disabling the Logon for Microsoft Networking - Network

This is a discussion on Disabling the Logon for Microsoft Networking - Network ; I am using an old Windows 98 PC as a printer server for my home LAN. Cold boots and restarts require me to enter my Microsoft Networking Logon Password. Is there any way to disable (or bypass) this feature such ...

  1. Disabling the Logon for Microsoft Networking

    I am using an old Windows 98 PC as a printer server for my home LAN.

    Cold boots and restarts require me to enter my Microsoft Networking Logon
    Password.

    Is there any way to disable (or bypass) this feature such that when the PC
    starts or restarts no manual input is needed before the desktop comes up?

    Thanks!

    Steve
    xgfr92yx@yahoo.com
    Note: Remove the spam-spoofing x's to email me directly.

  2. Re: Disabling the Logon for Microsoft Networking

    Steve Forrestor wrote:

    > I am using an old Windows 98 PC as a printer server for my home LAN.
    >
    > Cold boots and restarts require me to enter my Microsoft Networking Logon
    > Password.
    >
    > Is there any way to disable (or bypass) this feature such that when the PC
    > starts or restarts no manual input is needed before the desktop comes up?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Steve
    > xgfr92yx@yahoo.com
    > Note: Remove the spam-spoofing x's to email me directly.

    Here is a link to some instructions on how to bypass the Win 98 logon
    screen.

    Good Luck!

    Mari-Anne Ennor

  3. Re: Disabling the Logon for Microsoft Networking

    "Steve Forrestor" wrote in message
    newsKqdnYFlEPXSAZ_fRVn-iQ@comcast.com...
    > I am using an old Windows 98 PC as a printer server for my home LAN.
    >
    > Cold boots and restarts require me to enter my Microsoft Networking Logon
    > Password.
    >
    > Is there any way to disable (or bypass) this feature such that when the PC
    > starts or restarts no manual input is needed before the desktop comes up?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Steve
    > xgfr92yx@yahoo.com
    > Note: Remove the spam-spoofing x's to email me directly.

    As I know, you can set Control Panel->Users and Passwords for this feature.

  4. Re: Disabling the Logon for Microsoft Networking

    "jimxu" wrote in message

    > "Steve Forrestor" wrote in message
    > newsKqdnYFlEPXSAZ_fRVn-iQ@comcast.com...
    >> I am using an old Windows 98 PC as a printer server for my home LAN.
    >>
    >> Cold boots and restarts require me to enter my Microsoft Networking Logon
    >> Password.
    >>
    >> Is there any way to disable (or bypass) this feature such that when the
    >> PC
    >> starts or restarts no manual input is needed before the desktop comes up?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> Steve
    >> xgfr92yx@yahoo.com
    >> Note: Remove the spam-spoofing x's to email me directly.
    >>

    > As I know, you can set Control Panel->Users and Passwords for this
    > feature.

    Thanks!

  5. Re: Disabling the Logon for Microsoft Networking

    "Mari-Anne Ennor" wrote in message
    > Steve Forrestor wrote:
    >
    >> I am using an old Windows 98 PC as a printer server for my home LAN.
    >>
    >> Cold boots and restarts require me to enter my Microsoft Networking Logon
    >> Password.
    >>
    >> Is there any way to disable (or bypass) this feature such that when the
    >> PC
    >> starts or restarts no manual input is needed before the desktop comes up?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> Steve
    >> xgfr92yx@yahoo.com
    >> Note: Remove the spam-spoofing x's to email me directly.
    >>

    > Here is a link to some instructions on how to bypass the Win 98 logon
    > screen.
    >
    > http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/125/
    >
    > Good Luck!
    >
    > Mari-Anne Ennor

    Thanks!

  6. Re: Disabling the Logon for Microsoft Networking

    "Steve Forrestor" schreef in bericht
    newsKqdnYFlEPXSAZ_fRVn-iQ@comcast.com...
    > I am using an old Windows 98 PC as a printer server for my home LAN.
    >
    > Cold boots and restarts require me to enter my Microsoft Networking Logon
    > Password.
    >
    > Is there any way to disable (or bypass) this feature such that when the PC
    > starts or restarts no manual input is needed before the desktop comes up?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Steve
    > xgfr92yx@yahoo.com
    > Note: Remove the spam-spoofing x's to email me directly.

    TweakUI . . . . .

+ Reply to Thread