Crimpers and tools? - Network

This is a discussion on Crimpers and tools? - Network ; I'm looking to hardwire two home. What brand / style of crimpers and rj-45 connectors seems to work the best? I'll be going through walls, so wall plates will be used. Thanks LT...

  1. Crimpers and tools?

    I'm looking to hardwire two home. What brand / style of crimpers and rj-45
    connectors seems to work the best? I'll be going through walls, so wall
    plates will be used.
    Thanks
    LT

  2. Re: Crimpers and tools?

    My advice ...
    Design your layout with fixed sockets / plates and use krone or compatible
    sockets. You might want a krone tool. If necessary use krone junction
    strips.
    Do not buy crimpers - they are for making up cables ending in plugs. Buy
    commercially made patch cords to join plates (sockets) to computers or
    network hardware.

    and first - make sure you really want hard wiring - not wireless.

    "LT" wrote in message
    > I'm looking to hardwire two home. What brand / style of crimpers and

    rj-45
    > connectors seems to work the best? I'll be going through walls, so wall
    > plates will be used.
    > Thanks
    > LT

+ Reply to Thread