Yesterday I replaced my Linksys BEFSR41 version 2 router with a BEFSR81
version 3 router. I also have a Linksys EFSP42 print server on the
network. With the BEFSR41 the print server works fine. With the BEFSR81
the link lights on the router and print server blink slowly, one second on,
one second off, one second on, one second off, etc. Originally the uplink
port on the print server was wired to port 4 of the BEFSR41. I have tried
ports 1, 4 and 8 on the BEFSR81 and get the slowly blinking link lights. I
have moved the cable from the uplink port to ports 4 and 2 on the print
server, link lights still blink slowly. I have tried another cable, no
change. Current firmware versions are: 1.46.02 on the BEFSR41, 2.50.2 on
the BEFSR81 and 6212 on the EFSP42. All DHCP servers and clients on the
network are disabled and I have static IP addresses assigned to the
computers and print server; computers, print server and router are all in
the same subnet. I think the link lights continuously blinking at a
constant slow rate are trying to tell me something but I can't find out
what they are trying to tell me. So far Linksys tech support has not been
of any help. The BEFSR81 works fine otherwise so I don't think it has a
warrenty problem, maybe there's a setting that I don't have set right.

I'm looking for any ideas of a cure and I would really like to know what
the slowly blinking link lights mean.

Thanks!!!