I just spoke with Netgear tech support in an effort to determine the
difference between these two gigabit adapters. The tech support person
informed me that the 302 can achieve speeds of 2000mbps over copper wire,
while the 311 go up to only 1000mbps. My network has CAT5 and/or CAT5e
cabling, and I am upgrading to gigabit switches ad adapters. Question: isn't
all network cable made of copper? What does it mean when I am told that
'copper wire' can enable higher speeds? Should I buy new wire so that I can
double my speed from 1000->2000mbps?