Network Won't Connect - Network

This is a discussion on Network Won't Connect - Network ; I have two Dell computers running XP on a wireless network, using a dlink wireless g router. I have an internet connection on both comnputers via the router, but I cannot map netwrok drives or share printers. Both computers are ...

  1. Network Won't Connect

    I have two Dell computers running XP on a wireless network, using a
    dlink wireless g router.

    I have an internet connection on both comnputers via the router, but I
    cannot map netwrok drives or share printers.

    Both computers are set to allow file and printer sharing, and I have
    turned off both firewalls.

    Any help?

  2. Re: Network Won't Connect

    anon_278@hotmail.com wrote:

    >I have two Dell computers running XP on a wireless network, using a
    >dlink wireless g router.
    >
    >I have an internet connection on both comnputers via the router, but I
    >cannot map netwrok drives or share printers.
    >
    >Both computers are set to allow file and printer sharing, and I have
    >turned off both firewalls.
    >
    >Any help?

    Try (if you haven't already) creating a username/login on each computer
    which is the same. That is, when you are logged in on computer A as
    john/doe, if there is a john account on computer B with a doe password,
    you should be able to connect.

+ Reply to Thread