LAN via Router - Network

This is a discussion on LAN via Router - Network ; Forgive me but I am a bit of a newbie. 1. 2 PC's both with XP Home (1 is a laptop) 2. Laptop has D-Link 650+ G mode PCMCIA Wireless LAN Card 3. Main PC connected to D-link 624+ 4 ...

  1. LAN via Router

    Forgive me but I am a bit of a newbie.
    1. 2 PC's both with XP Home (1 is a laptop)
    2. Laptop has D-Link 650+ G mode PCMCIA Wireless LAN Card
    3. Main PC connected to D-link 624+ 4 Port wireless router
    4 Router is connected to ADSL Modem.

    The problem is that only one PC can use the Webb at any time and the 2
    machines cant see each other (ie share files).

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: LAN via Router

    Maybe you have the same IP address on both computers?

    "Roxby" wrote in message
    > Forgive me but I am a bit of a newbie.
    > 1. 2 PC's both with XP Home (1 is a laptop)
    > 2. Laptop has D-Link 650+ G mode PCMCIA Wireless LAN Card
    > 3. Main PC connected to D-link 624+ 4 Port wireless router
    > 4 Router is connected to ADSL Modem.
    >
    > The problem is that only one PC can use the Webb at any time and the 2
    > machines cant see each other (ie share files).
    >
    > Any help will be greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread