WinSpyware is taking over my IP address. - Network

This is a discussion on WinSpyware is taking over my IP address. - Network ; Hi, My computer got an attack of spyware SyncroAd. I ran HiJackThis and I found SyncroAd.exe and WinSync.exe on my PC. I deleted these files and links from my system. Today I started my computer again and couldn't get connection. ...

  1. WinSpyware is taking over my IP address.

    Hi,

    My computer got an attack of spyware SyncroAd. I ran HiJackThis and I found
    SyncroAd.exe and WinSync.exe on my PC. I deleted these files and links from
    my system. Today I started my computer again and couldn't get connection. I
    looked at the LAN-connection and saw an IP address 169.254.72.200 and the IP
    of DNS server disapeared. I used DNS before and now I manually changed this
    into a hard IP address. Thats also why I can post this message.

    The problem is that every time I start Window again this strange IP address
    appears again and have to change this manually to get connection to the
    internet. I scanned my PC with Sophos anti virus but found nothing.

    Does someone know how I can prevent this from happening.

    Regards,

    Marcel

  2. Re: WinSpyware is taking over my IP address.

    Problem solved. My NIC was damaged. Placed a new NIC and it works again.

    "Marcel" schreef in bericht
    > Hi,
    >
    > My computer got an attack of spyware SyncroAd. I ran HiJackThis and I
    > found
    > SyncroAd.exe and WinSync.exe on my PC. I deleted these files and links
    > from
    > my system. Today I started my computer again and couldn't get connection.
    > looked at the LAN-connection and saw an IP address 169.254.72.200 and the
    > IP
    > of DNS server disapeared. I used DNS before and now I manually changed
    > this
    > into a hard IP address. Thats also why I can post this message.
    >
    > The problem is that every time I start Window again this strange IP
    > address
    > appears again and have to change this manually to get connection to the
    > internet. I scanned my PC with Sophos anti virus but found nothing.
    >
    > Does someone know how I can prevent this from happening.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Marcel

+ Reply to Thread