Linksys BEFSR41 Problem - Network

This is a discussion on Linksys BEFSR41 Problem - Network ; My 2-3 year old Linksys BEFSR41 keeps dropping the internet connection for no reason. Lights on the router remain normal but no internet access is possible from the local network. Switching the router (only the router) off and back on ...

  1. Linksys BEFSR41 Problem

    My 2-3 year old Linksys BEFSR41 keeps dropping the internet connection for
    no reason.

    Lights on the router remain normal but no internet access is possible from
    the local network.

    Switching the router (only the router) off and back on at the mains resolves
    the problem instantly.

    Is this in need of replacement now or something else wrong?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Linksys BEFSR41 Problem

    Most likley needs to be replaced but have you udated the firmware???

    --
    YFIO
    Z’RiX (<>..<>)

    "Keith" <@.> wrote in message
    news:TPgad.20304$ay5.16565@fe1.news.blueyonder.co. uk...
    > My 2-3 year old Linksys BEFSR41 keeps dropping the internet connection for
    > no reason.
    >
    > Lights on the router remain normal but no internet access is possible from
    > the local network.
    >
    > Switching the router (only the router) off and back on at the mains
    > resolves
    > the problem instantly.
    >
    > Is this in need of replacement now or something else wrong?
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread