Networking/Router problem - Network

This is a discussion on Networking/Router problem - Network ; Ok, so I got a D-Link DI-604 router and since then I am unable to play any online games as they set my IP to be my local network IP by default. I have tried putting this computer on the ...

  1. Networking/Router problem

    Ok, so I got a D-Link DI-604 router and since then I am unable to play any
    online games as they set my IP to be my local network IP by default. I have
    tried putting this computer on the DMZ but it didn't change anything, games
    think my IP is 192.x.x.x anyway...Any help ?

  2. Re: Networking/Router problem

    "Mr Barbecue" wrote in news:7o56d.16696$lz3.624386
    @weber.videotron.net:

    > , games
    > think my IP is 192.x.x.x anyway...Any help ?

    That's fine, you just need to tell whoever is connecting to you your public
    address. If you are in the DMZ the router will handle forwarding the
    packets to you and putting the right source IP on them on the way out.

  3. Re: Networking/Router problem

    Try to avoid using DMZ as it opens you wide.
    Instead forward the needed port to the LAN IP of the game computer. You may
    want to assign an IP manually and not use DHCP so the IP doesn't change.

    "Jim Berwick" wrote in message
    > "Mr Barbecue" wrote in news:7o56d.16696$lz3.624386
    > @weber.videotron.net:
    >
    >> , games
    >> think my IP is 192.x.x.x anyway...Any help ?

    > That's fine, you just need to tell whoever is connecting to you your
    > public
    > address. If you are in the DMZ the router will handle forwarding the
    > packets to you and putting the right source IP on them on the way out.

+ Reply to Thread