Netgear MR814v2 wireless acces point - Network

This is a discussion on Netgear MR814v2 wireless acces point - Network ; Hi, I have the MR814v2 4 port wireless router as supplied by Blueyonder (My ISP)as a wireless access point. I now have changed over to a standalone Cable Modem, and am trying to set it up as a router, I ...

  1. Netgear MR814v2 wireless acces point

    Hi,
    I have the MR814v2 4 port wireless router as supplied by Blueyonder (My
    ISP)as a wireless access point.

    I now have changed over to a standalone Cable Modem, and am trying to set
    it up as a router, I think it has been disabled in some way by Netgear for
    blueyonder, as, on a sticker on the bottom it says - "This device will only
    support one PC" - This should support 4 wired conecctions and the wireless.

    I have hooked up a NIC to one of the LAN ports and it won't give me an IP
    address, I have set a static IP of 192.168.0.2 on my NIC, hoping this would
    allow me into the routers config which according to the Netgear site is at
    http://192.168.0.1 - Operatin Timed out, and I can't ping it either.

    With the 192.168.0.2 static IP assigned I am getting packets sent and
    recieved between the NIC and the router, so there must be someway to remove
    the restrictions.

    I have tried reseting it to factory defaults by holding the reset button
    for 10 secends - no difference.

    The LAN light on the router lights up OK when the NIC is connected, it just
    won't give me an IP?

    Any Ideas how I can remove the restrictions?
    TIA
    --
    Scotty.
    27/09/2004 23:22:00

  2. Re: Netgear MR814v2 wireless acces point

    Hi Scotty

    Did you ever get a reply or solution to this

    Regard

    Marcu

    --
    Marcus Musgrov