I've set up a local area connection between my laptop and desktop using a
router to access the internet. I used a wireless card in my laptop for the
first time last weekend and had to change my internet protocal to obtain a
static IP address in order to make it work. In doing so I messed up my LAN
so that everything now craws at a snail's pace on my laptop. My internet
connection DSL connection is very very slow on my laptop only when connected
through the router. I am not able to access files on my desktop using my
ethernet connection. I reset the Internet Protocal back to obtain a IP
address automatically but this doesn't help.

Any advice would be appreciated.

If this is the wrong group please advise me.

P. Renfree