My RedHat 8 Linux system connects to the internet via 802.11g thru a
router that is connected to my cable modem. I want to write C code on
my Linux system that opens of socket and listens() for connections.
(Same situation as in starting httpd which just waits for requests.)
I (think I) know how to config the linksys router and RH8 to allow
traffic but all attempts to connect are still refused. (The router
has a browser-based set of config screens. RH8 has /usr/sbin/lokkit
which modifies /etc/sysconfig/iptables.) How can I figure out where
the traffic is being blocked?