Wired desktop and wireless Router Question - Network

This is a discussion on Wired desktop and wireless Router Question - Network ; I have a wireless setup for my laptop(XP_Home) and I wanted to add my wired desktop(98SE) to the network as I don't have a wireless PC card. The problem is my desktop doesnot have a CAT5 input only phone line. ...

  1. Wired desktop and wireless Router Question

    I have a wireless setup for my laptop(XP_Home) and I wanted to add my
    wired desktop(98SE) to the network as I don't have a wireless PC card.
    The problem is my desktop doesnot have a CAT5 input only phone line. I
    was until now connecting to my cable modem using USB port but now the
    wireless router only has the CAT5 so I am not able to add my desktop
    to is using USB.

    I tried to connect my desktop directly to the Cable modem but a I am
    not able to connect to Internet.

    Please help. Do I need to buy additional hardware to connect my
    desktop to the wireless router ???

    Thanks a lot.

  2. Re: Wired desktop and wireless Router Question

    Sounds like you just need to purchase a cheap network card and a cable
    to connect to the router, that would be the easiest way.

    ritskits@yahoo.com (surbhi) wrote in message news:<91238b26.0409141925.3c60f42d@posting.google.com>...
    > I have a wireless setup for my laptop(XP_Home) and I wanted to add my
    > wired desktop(98SE) to the network as I don't have a wireless PC card.
    > The problem is my desktop doesnot have a CAT5 input only phone line. I
    > was until now connecting to my cable modem using USB port but now the
    > wireless router only has the CAT5 so I am not able to add my desktop
    > to is using USB.
    >
    > I tried to connect my desktop directly to the Cable modem but a I am
    > not able to connect to Internet.
    >
    > Please help. Do I need to buy additional hardware to connect my
    > desktop to the wireless router ???
    >

    > Thanks a lot.

+ Reply to Thread