Good list of ports and IP's - Network

This is a discussion on Good list of ports and IP's - Network ; Hello, Is there a good website that lists ports and IP address ranges of commonly used web content. We just bought a new firewall for our growing company network and there is soo much content that needs blocked such as ...

  1. Good list of ports and IP's

    Hello,

    Is there a good website that lists ports and IP address ranges of
    commonly used web content. We just bought a new firewall for our
    growing company network and there is soo much content that needs
    blocked such as streaming music from yahoo (and others), web sites,
    etc. that researching numerous sites can be quite time consuming.

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Good list of ports and IP's

    _nightstar@yahoo.com (Nightstar) wrote in
    news:497409be.0409140524.30cabfc4@posting.google.c om:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Is there a good website that lists ports and IP address ranges of
    > commonly used web content. We just bought a new firewall for our
    > growing company network and there is soo much content that needs
    > blocked such as streaming music from yahoo (and others), web sites,
    > etc. that researching numerous sites can be quite time consuming.
    >
    > Thank you.

    If you need to do content filtering, you should be looking at a content
    filtering solution, not trying to use your firewall,as the
    administrative overhead will make it impossible to manage. You can get
    products like websense that will integrate with (some models of )
    firewalls, or you could go with something like surfcontrol that is more
    of a proxy type solution.
    Unless your firewall is one (like a sonicwall) that offers a
    subscription service (and most of these suck) for doing content
    filtering, I'd forget using the firewall in that capacity.

  3. Re: Good list of ports and IP's

+ Reply to Thread