Wireless Network - Network

This is a discussion on Wireless Network - Network ; I'm going to be setting up a wireless network in my home from an XP box to a Windows98 box. My first question... Can anyone point me to the right brand name equipment, based on your experiences? (Motorola, LinkSys, etc) ...

  1. Wireless Network

    I'm going to be setting up a wireless network in my home from an XP
    box to a Windows98 box. My first question... Can anyone point me to
    the right brand name equipment, based on your experiences? (Motorola,
    LinkSys, etc) Secondly, I'd like to use my Windows 98 box as is, with
    it's 'first edition' but haven't seen many cards that don't list at
    least, second addition 98 as minimum compatibility. thoughts???

    Am planning on doing this soon with a cable modem system so am looking
    for points on a router and the wireless cards.

    TIA,

    cov

  2. Re: Wireless Network

    we've used Linksys gear, stick with all Linksys (wireless cards,
    etc.). very easy setup, works with Win98 - XP. good luck

    BBWH

    cov wrote in message news:...
    > I'm going to be setting up a wireless network in my home from an XP
    > box to a Windows98 box. My first question... Can anyone point me to
    > the right brand name equipment, based on your experiences? (Motorola,
    > LinkSys, etc) Secondly, I'd like to use my Windows 98 box as is, with
    > it's 'first edition' but haven't seen many cards that don't list at
    > least, second addition 98 as minimum compatibility. thoughts???
    >
    > Am planning on doing this soon with a cable modem system so am looking
    > for points on a router and the wireless cards.
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > cov

+ Reply to Thread