Want to Connect two Laptops wirelessly - Network

This is a discussion on Want to Connect two Laptops wirelessly - Network ; Hi all I want to do this but im not sure how. I have two wireless laptops one running on XP Home and the other on XP Pro. I have some large files that I like to transfer from one ...

  1. Want to Connect two Laptops wirelessly

    Hi all

    I want to do this but im not sure how. I have two wireless laptops one
    running on XP Home and the other on XP Pro. I have some large files
    that I like to transfer from one to the other laptop. Just not sure
    how to set up my wireless network configurations to achieve this, I
    guess im not even exactly sure whether its possible to do either.

    Please put me on some path.
    Regards,
    Arman

  2. Re: Want to Connect two Laptops wirelessly

    arman_legend@hotmail.com (Arman) wrote in message news:<1f21a4da.0409082245.202f5785@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi all
    >
    > I want to do this but im not sure how. I have two wireless laptops one
    > running on XP Home and the other on XP Pro. I have some large files
    > that I like to transfer from one to the other laptop. Just not sure
    > how to set up my wireless network configurations to achieve this, I
    > guess im not even exactly sure whether its possible to do either.
    >
    > Please put me on some path.
    > Regards,
    > Arman

    You need to create what's called an "ad-hoc" network with those two
    wireless computers. Google it for hundreds of sites with instructions
    if the instructions with the wifi cards are too vague.

+ Reply to Thread