Recommend a DSL router with remote management that ACTUALLY works? - Network

This is a discussion on Recommend a DSL router with remote management that ACTUALLY works? - Network ; Hi all, Can anyone recommend a DSL/CABLE/WAN router (affordable) that has remote management that ACTUALLY works with a firewall? D-Link's DI-808HV and its cousin's cannot be remotely managed (Tried 3 different routers with 3 different firmware upgrades, but the remote ...

  1. Recommend a DSL router with remote management that ACTUALLY works?

    Hi all,

    Can anyone recommend a DSL/CABLE/WAN router (affordable) that has remote
    management that ACTUALLY works with a firewall?
    D-Link's DI-808HV and its cousin's cannot be remotely managed (Tried 3
    different routers with 3 different firmware upgrades, but the remote
    management feature does not work at any setting nor with any IP whether I
    set it up on a WAN or a LAN mocking a WAN), so I was hoping to find one that
    actually worked.
    My original Hawking router could be managed fine, but it got zapped and
    they no longer manufacture their good routers any more (replaced the good
    stuff with garbage - they cost reduced everything into oblivion).

    Any ideas?

    TIA

    MC

  2. Re: Recommend a DSL router with remote management that ACTUALLY works?

    try a cisco 831 Broadband router. Has all the normal tools plus a
    fully funtioning IOS underneath it. gotta love cisco products

    Brenton Roberts
    Network Admin for wirezweb networking
    CCNP, MCSE NT/2k/2k3, A+, CNE

+ Reply to Thread