ip address of my pc - Network

This is a discussion on ip address of my pc - Network ; I am using a router to connect to an ISP to use the Internet. the router's ip is 192.168.0.1. And my pc is 192.168.0.10. That is within the LAN. but what is PC's IP when connected to the Internet. How ...

  1. ip address of my pc

    I am using a router to connect to an ISP to use the Internet.

    the router's ip is 192.168.0.1. And my pc is 192.168.0.10. That is
    within the LAN. but what is PC's IP when connected to the Internet.
    How to find it out?

    Thanks

  2. Re: ip address of my pc

    It's the same - because the connection to the internet is isolated by the
    router using Network Address Translation. The router has two IP addresses,
    the internal one you've mentioned and an external one which is "on the
    internet".

    Your computer appears as a port number, or set of them, in the router's
    internet IP address.

    Fred

    "Bridge" wrote in message
    news:3e949365.0409011736.3103e11@posting.google.co m...
    > I am using a router to connect to an ISP to use the Internet.
    >
    > the router's ip is 192.168.0.1. And my pc is 192.168.0.10. That is
    > within the LAN. but what is PC's IP when connected to the Internet.
    > How to find it out?
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: ip address of my pc

    If you log into the router and take a look at it's WAN settings, your
    external IP address should be listed there

    bridge_xue@yahoo.com (Bridge) wrote in message news:<3e949365.0409011736.3103e11@posting.google.com>...
    > I am using a router to connect to an ISP to use the Internet.
    >
    > the router's ip is 192.168.0.1. And my pc is 192.168.0.10. That is
    > within the LAN. but what is PC's IP when connected to the Internet.
    > How to find it out?
    >
    > Thanks

  4. Re: ip address of my pc

    That all depends on YOUR routers manufacturer. Linksys displays that
    in the Settings tab. In IE type in the IP ADDRESS of your router.
    Then click on the tabs you will see it there.

    Also try IPCONFIG /ALL sometimes that will also put it, I didnt read
    if you tried that switch yet.

  5. Re: ip address of my pc

    you can also use websites like DSLREPORTS and www.ipchicken.com to
    tell your routable IP (internet) address.

    brent
    CCNP

+ Reply to Thread