Netgear 624 wireless router problem - Network

This is a discussion on Netgear 624 wireless router problem - Network ; I have two problems with this wireless router bland new. 1. Connection drops after say 5-50 minutes which can only be re-established by resetting the router 2. Saving changes made to the router (they call it apply) results in an ...

  1. Netgear 624 wireless router problem

    I have two problems with this wireless router bland new.

    1. Connection drops after say 5-50 minutes which can only be
    re-established by resetting the router

    2. Saving changes made to the router (they call it apply) results in
    an updating changes and then an error msg " page cannot be
    displayed........".

    Should I return this router?

    What other clue /suggestion to work my way out?

    Any input would be most appreciated

    Daniel
    Toronto

  2. Re: Netgear 624 wireless router problem

    dtong22@yahoo.com (Daniel TONG) wrote in
    news:c2324ab.0408180142.39cab1bd@posting.google.co m:

    > 1. Connection drops after say 5-50 minutes which can only be
    > re-established by resetting the router
    >
    > 2. Saving changes made to the router (they call it apply) results in
    > an updating changes and then an error msg " page cannot be
    > displayed........".

    Try getting the latest firmware from the manufacturer's website and re-
    flashing the router. Our wireless AP kept crashing when we first got it
    till I upgraded the firmware and it has been fine since.

    --
    Colin

  3. Re: Netgear 624 wireless router problem

    I replaced a Belkin router (that worked fine) with a Netgear 624. I
    can't get the connection to stay up. The router has been exchanged for
    a new one but still the same problem. I am using a Sympatico supplied
    SpeedStream modem. New firmware has been loaded on both the modem and
    the router. The only thing that improves the time between the router
    rebooting itself is decreasing the MTU to 1300.

    I would be grateful for any suggestions. Contacting Netgear level 2
    support so far has proven difficut.

    --
    dmorley

  4. Re: Netgear 624 wireless router problem

    I also have had the similar problem of the Netgear WGT624 v2 route
    rebooting itself. The information that I've been finding on othe
    forums is that this router gets too hot and then reboots itself. Thi
    in turn causes my PC to lose it's assigned DHCP from the router and
    have to reboot my PC. This was getting very annoying

    I returned the router and got another 624 but still had the sam
    results until I stood the router on end (there's a holder that come
    with it to do this) instead of laying flat. This appears to have don
    the trick as the router has maintained it's connection with rebootin
    for over 5 days now. Try it

    --
    petesfunhous
    brought to you by http://www.wifi-forum.com

  5. Re: Netgear 624 wireless router problem

    Thanks for the info. I tried 3 different routers and can't get any of
    them to work. The overheating diagnosis could be accurate as the only
    time the routers I tried would stay up is if I shut down the RADIO (of
    course this makes it usless as a wirless router). After spending hours
    and talking to Netgear Level 1, 2 and 3 support I gave up and bought a
    Linksys router. Out of the box it was running in 3 minutes with no
    problems going on 5 days now.

    --
    dmorley