Re: D-Link offers very bad customer service.. my experience - Network

This is a discussion on Re: D-Link offers very bad customer service.. my experience - Network ; "one_red_eye" wrote in message news:108m0ctn7vih772@corp.supernews.com... > Netgear comes highly recomended. I have just binned a week old Netgear DSL router because I found no way to get it working and neither could their Indian support centre. They blamed my ISP ...

  1. Re: D-Link offers very bad customer service.. my experience

    "one_red_eye" wrote in message

    > Netgear comes highly recomended.

    I have just binned a week old Netgear DSL router because I found no way to
    get it working and neither could their Indian support centre. They blamed my
    ISP for the setup Wizard failing, but it's been (and is) OK with Draytec and
    Siemens routers.

    Only difference to Dl-Lnk is that they answered the phone immediately the
    two times I called.
    -
    Malcolm

  2. Re: D-Link offers very bad customer service.. my experience

    On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 17:47:56 +0100, "Malcolm Knight"
    wrote:

    >"one_red_eye" wrote in message
    >
    >> Netgear comes highly recomended.

    >I have just binned a week old Netgear DSL router because I found no way to
    >get it working and neither could their Indian support centre. They blamed my
    >ISP for the setup Wizard failing, but it's been (and is) OK with Draytec and
    >Siemens routers.
    >
    >Only difference to Dl-Lnk is that they answered the phone immediately the
    >two times I called.
    >-
    >Malcolm

    Not sure if you can do this, but have you tried reflashing the
    firmware? Several months ago, I had a Linksys BEFSR41 go nutty on me
    and Linksys tech support basically told me to go buy a new one. For
    giggles, I "upgraded" the firmware and it's been working ever since.
    Might be worth a shot.

  3. Re: D-Link offers very bad customer service.. my experience

    i have bad experience with their tech support.
    quick, but bad.

+ Reply to Thread