My labtop cannot browse internet at home but it can browse at work - Network

This is a discussion on My labtop cannot browse internet at home but it can browse at work - Network ; My labtop is running on Window XP professional. Generally, I use my labtop to connect to the LAN in my office. It works normally and it can browse the website normally. However, after I brought my notebook back home, I ...

  1. My labtop cannot browse internet at home but it can browse at work

    My labtop is running on Window XP professional. Generally, I use my
    labtop to connect to the LAN in my office. It works normally and it
    can browse the website normally. However, after I brought my notebook
    back home, I connected it to the hub and the connection icon appeared,
    everything seemed ok but I cannot browse any website via internet
    explorer. I try to figure out the TCP/IP property setting but all of
    automatic items have been checked. When I brought the notebook back to
    the office, it works normally as before. What is the problem? Thank
    you very much for anyone who can lighten me up.

  2. Re: My labtop cannot browse internet at home but it can browse at work

    siteer@yahoo.com (Adareet) wrote in message news:...
    > My labtop is running on Window XP professional. Generally, I use my
    > labtop to connect to the LAN in my office. It works normally and it
    > can browse the website normally. However, after I brought my notebook
    > back home, I connected it to the hub and the connection icon appeared,
    > everything seemed ok but I cannot browse any website via internet
    > explorer. I try to figure out the TCP/IP property setting but all of
    > automatic items have been checked. When I brought the notebook back to
    > the office, it works normally as before. What is the problem? Thank
    > you very much for anyone who can lighten me up.

    I would make sure you're getting the right network information at home
    by opening your command prompt (start > run > cmd ) and typing:
    ipconfig /all. Your ISP/network information should display, thereby
    confiming which network you're on.

+ Reply to Thread