How to connect a windows xp box to a windows 2000 box - Network

This is a discussion on How to connect a windows xp box to a windows 2000 box - Network ; Hi, I have an older box installed with windows 2000 and a new box with windows xp. I would like to access my windows 2000 box through windows xp with a crossover cable. I was able to view the shared ...

  1. How to connect a windows xp box to a windows 2000 box

    Hi,

    I have an older box installed with windows 2000 and a new box with
    windows xp.
    I would like to access my windows 2000 box through windows xp with a
    crossover cable.

    I was able to view the shared folders of windows xp from my windows
    2000 box, but not vice versa. I may not set it up correctly.

    Anyone has a working procedure to share?

    Thanks,

    Wayne

  2. Re: How to connect a windows xp box to a windows 2000 box

    wwang525@yahoo.com (Wayne) wrote in message news:<4ce62911.0407201605.6f030ca7@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an older box installed with windows 2000 and a new box with
    > windows xp.
    > I would like to access my windows 2000 box through windows xp with a
    > crossover cable.
    >
    > I was able to view the shared folders of windows xp from my windows
    > 2000 box, but not vice versa. I may not set it up correctly.
    >
    > Anyone has a working procedure to share?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Wayne

    Make sure your network service is started on the XP box. ( Start > Run
    > CMD > net start ) Also, it may be that you need to be running Pro

    instead of Home. I've only ever worked with Pro so you may need to
    research the shortcomings of Home online. If you're using domains on
    either box make sure the other box is doing the same.

    Hope this gets you going!

    Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread