de-install second copy of windows 2000 - Network

This is a discussion on de-install second copy of windows 2000 - Network ; Hi, I have windows2000. Recently I installed another copy of windows 2000. Both are on the same hard dist. How do I de-install one of them. Thanks...

  1. de-install second copy of windows 2000

    Hi,
    I have windows2000. Recently I installed another copy of windows
    2000. Both are on the same hard dist.
    How do I de-install one of them. Thanks

  2. Re: de-install second copy of windows 2000

    renu_p_r@yahoo.com (rpr) wrote in message news:<71802af1.0407161919.259954c6@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi,
    > I have windows2000. Recently I installed another copy of windows
    > 2000. Both are on the same hard dist.
    > How do I de-install one of them. Thanks

    Are they on 2 separate partitions on the disk? I can't see how it
    would change much if W2K was installed on the same partition twice.
    What kind of problems are you having?

  3. Re: de-install second copy of windows 2000

    Heya,

    Since I've never installed 2 OS's on the same partition my
    Experience isn't first hand. When I was working in an IT position I
    belive I found that the installation of an OS can be removed if you
    insert the Install CD (has to be the full ersion not upgrade) and
    restart your machine making sure it boots from the CD before it boots
    from the local disk. It's been awhile so I can't tell you exactly what
    to do but Im pretty sure the choice was pretty obvious. Otherwise you
    may have to reformat the hard drive and start from scratch.

    P.S. If you intend to have multiple OS's on one machine create a
    seperate partition for each. IT tends to make managing the whole thing
    alot easier

    renu_p_r@yahoo.com (rpr) wrote in message news:<71802af1.0407161919.259954c6@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi,
    > I have windows2000. Recently I installed another copy of windows
    > 2000. Both are on the same hard dist.
    > How do I de-install one of them. Thanks

  4. Re: de-install second copy of windows 2000

    i ended up with 2 instances of win XP on one drive due to the first
    not installing correctly. the only way i could find round it easily
    was to format my drive and start again. there are things you can do,
    but appear to be a lot more hassle than just formatting and installing
    a fresh copy.

  5. Re: de-install second copy of windows 2000

    Generally, when you install the Operating system, it will prompt you
    that an existing version is in place; do you wish to continue? From
    that point, it'll basically tell you to install to new directory or
    overwrite to current directory.

    Did you install to the default windows director or did you install to
    another directory? Also, did you create a separate partition for this
    other install? How many partitions do you have? You can remove a
    partition without touching another partition. Maybe specify more info
    and we can continue from there.

    renu_p_r@yahoo.com (rpr) wrote in message news:<71802af1.0407161919.259954c6@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi,
    > I have windows2000. Recently I installed another copy of windows
    > 2000. Both are on the same hard dist.
    > How do I de-install one of them. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread