E-Mail Centralized for Client Computers to Access. - Network

This is a discussion on E-Mail Centralized for Client Computers to Access. - Network ; We are trying centralize our email setup. Three of us receive e-mail on 3 different networked computer and we all use Outlook Express. We would like to download the e-mail to a fourth computer (acting as a server) and each ...

  1. E-Mail Centralized for Client Computers to Access.

    We are trying centralize our email setup. Three of us receive e-mail on
    3 different networked computer and we all use Outlook Express. We
    would like to download the e-mail to a fourth computer (acting as a
    server) and each of us access the email account on that computer. In
    other words, we want the fourth computer to keep all the email and we
    want each of us to be able to access it from our own computers without
    removing it from the fourth (computer), something like an IMAP server
    setup, but locally on our small network. DO we need special server
    software to do this or is there an easier way. We tried to access the
    fouth computer's Outlook Express program to get the e-mail but it only
    opens up our own e-mail folders and not the one ofn the fourth (server)
    computer. All the networing is fine. Is it the nature of these e-mail
    programs such that they will default to their own local folders or is
    there a way to use only the folders on our fouth computer.

    Thanks
    Bob & Peg

  2. Re: E-Mail Centralized for Client Computers to Access.

    Another solution you might want to look into is a WebHosting company.
    Now hear me out before you start shouting. You can get an email name
    such as, Yourname@Yourcompany.com OR you can get
    Yourname@YourFamilyname.com The cheapest PACKAGES offer you Outlook
    Express capabilities AND WEBMAIL less than 10 bucks a month. Yes
    these packages come with Webhosting but you don't have to use this.
    It will keep your emails organized and accessible anywhere you have
    internet.

  3. Re: E-Mail Centralized for Client Computers to Access.

    You are correct. I agree with you but some people want to do it the
    hard way even when a better solution is easier. Go figure.

    Mauricio Fernandez MCSE, CCNA wrote:

    >Another solution you might want to look into is a WebHosting company.
    >Now hear me out before you start shouting. You can get an email name
    >such as, Yourname@Yourcompany.com OR you can get
    >Yourname@YourFamilyname.com The cheapest PACKAGES offer you Outlook
    >Express capabilities AND WEBMAIL less than 10 bucks a month. Yes
    >these packages come with Webhosting but you don't have to use this.
    >It will keep your emails organized and accessible anywhere you have
    >internet.

+ Reply to Thread