computer modem networking problem - Network

This is a discussion on computer modem networking problem - Network ; Hi, My modem is not working. It is not able to find the modem. I do not know if it is a problem with com port. I did go to the control panel -> add new hardware. It says modem ...

  1. computer modem networking problem

    Hi,
    My modem is not working. It is not able to find the modem. I do not
    know if it is a problem with com port. I did go to the control panel
    -> add new hardware. It says modem and ports working fine. I removed
    the modem and added it again. It added it to com3 port. Can someone
    help?
    I tried to reinstall the OS. Now it is asking for file : E100BNT5.SYS
    I do not have the intel CD. Is there a place I can get the file.
    Another file needed is : abvpn2km.inf

    Sorry if the post is out of place.
    Thanks for the help.

  2. Re: computer modem networking problem

    This is the wrong message board for this problem. However if your
    computer does not detect the modem (PlugNPlay) I would just get
    another modem on ebay or your nearest store. It is NOT worth the time
    and effort to deal with IRQs and Jumpers and all that goodstuff.

  3. Re: computer modem networking problem

    renu_p_r@yahoo.com (rpr) wrote in message news:<71802af1.0407090841.623d9db4@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi,
    > My modem is not working. It is not able to find the modem. I do not
    > know if it is a problem with com port. I did go to the control panel
    > -> add new hardware. It says modem and ports working fine. I removed
    > the modem and added it again. It added it to com3 port. Can someone
    > help?

    while this is not the right newgroup for this, when you do post it to
    the right group you need to provide lot more details like what OS you
    are running, what modem you have etc.

    > I tried to reinstall the OS. Now it is asking for file : E100BNT5.SYS
    > I do not have the intel CD. Is there a place I can get the file.
    > Another file needed is : abvpn2km.inf

    search for it in google. i got a lot of results, e.g.
    http://drivermagic.co.nz/p/nph-detail.php?a=2973

    device drivers can also be found at www.driverforum.com : go through
    the archives before posting messages.

    > Sorry if the post is out of place.