WG302 using WPA Enterprise and TKIP encryption - Network

This is a discussion on WG302 using WPA Enterprise and TKIP encryption - Network ; We have purchased a number of Netgear WG302 devices recently and deployed them on our network. We run then in WPA with RADIUS using TKIP encryption. They appear to be working intermittantly. Employees are able to successfully authenticate with the ...

  1. WG302 using WPA Enterprise and TKIP encryption

    We have purchased a number of Netgear WG302 devices recently and
    deployed them on our network. We run then in WPA with RADIUS using
    TKIP encryption. They appear to be working intermittantly. Employees
    are able to successfully authenticate with the RADIUS server through
    the device and get a connection on our network. After some time
    however they lose their connection and are unable to re-establish it.
    We have found power resetting the wireless devices appears to fix the
    problem temporarily again.

    We are using Microsoft IAS for RADIUS authentication, we are using the
    LAN DHCP server for IP assignment to the clients. All clients are
    running Windows XP SP1a and the WPA update. We have tried using a
    number of different wireless cards with the same result. We are using
    the latest firmware from Netgear for the Access Point, 2.0.3.

    Has anyone else used these devices in a similar configuration? Has
    anyone else experienced similar problems, and maybe even found out why
    and how to fix it?

    Any help we can get at all would be greatly appreciated.

    regards,

    Gerard Dillon

  2. Re: WG302 using WPA Enterprise and TKIP encryption

    On 2004-07-08, Gerard Dillon wrote:
    > We have purchased a number of Netgear WG302 devices recently and

    > They appear to be working intermittantly.

    > We have found power resetting the wireless devices appears to fix the
    > problem temporarily again.

    > We are using the latest firmware from Netgear for the Access Point,
    > 2.0.3.

    I had a problem consistent with a memory leak in two WG302s running
    the 2.0.3 firmware and used as a point to point bridge.
    The symptom I had was that after a few hours of operation, the wireless NIC
    in the WG302, while still receiving and transmitting packets, appeared to
    get into a state where it was unable to maintain existing - or accept new
    connections.
    As a workaround I used to have to ssh into them to reboot.

    With the 2.0.4RC5 engineering release of the firmware and a reset to
    factory, the WG302s are stable.

    Good luck
    /GSt

+ Reply to Thread