fat tree and crossbar - Network

This is a discussion on fat tree and crossbar - Network ; In fat tree where node switch is crossbar, I read that if a binary tree with depth 2 ,and crossbar 8x8 as node switch it can interconnect 128 node.Why?I see the crossbar as only 8 input port connect to parent ...

  1. fat tree and crossbar

    In fat tree where node switch is crossbar, I read that if a binary
    tree with depth 2 ,and crossbar 8x8 as node switch it can interconnect
    128 node.Why?I see the crossbar as only 8 input port connect to parent
    in the tree?So I think that it interconnect only 16 node.

    Thanks in advance.

    Ale.

  2. Re: fat tree and crossbar

    What language are you speaking?

  3. Re: fat tree and crossbar

    SekureSupport@aol.com (Mauricio Fernandez MCSE, CCNA) wrote in message news:<90ebab91.0407062032.38aea86d@posting.google.com>...
    > What language are you speaking?

    BAD ENGLISH.
    Can you help me?

  4. Re: fat tree and crossbar

    "Marco" wrote in message
    news:41a9b727.0407061456.2983efe8@posting.google.c om...
    > In fat tree where node switch is crossbar, I read that if a binary
    > tree with depth 2 ,and crossbar 8x8 as node switch it can interconnect
    > 128 node.Why?I see the crossbar as only 8 input port connect to parent
    > in the tree?So I think that it interconnect only 16 node.

    Ale,

    See:

    http://www.top500.org/ORSC/2003/dm-mimd.html

    I had not heard the term "fat tree" until you asked. Maybe the figure on
    this page will help. It appears that a depth 2 4x4 switch is used to
    support 128 computers by having 4 connections per node. I'm sure a bit more
    research will help you. There were lots of hits on Google with ["fat tree"
    crossbar]. It's interesting to note that Infiniband is related to this....

    Fred

+ Reply to Thread