Network Virus Protection - Network

This is a discussion on Network Virus Protection - Network ; Hi Our office is currently using Norton Antivirus 2000 and 2002 (single desktop versions) on our 9 workstations and on our single server. This seems to provide good virus protection as we haven't had a virus on our system in ...

  1. Network Virus Protection

    Hi

    Our office is currently using Norton Antivirus 2000 and 2002 (single desktop
    versions) on our 9 workstations and on our single server. This seems to
    provide good virus protection as we haven't had a virus on our system in the
    3 years I've been there and viruses are regularly quarantined. What I was
    wondering is if we are really fully protected from viruses or whether we
    need to go to a network virus protection product like Norton Antivirus
    Enterprise Edition. I realise that this sort of product provides central
    control of the antivirus settings and updates but does it actually fill any
    gaps in our current arrangement?

    (Our server is running Windows 2000 Server and we have a broadband
    connection to the internet via a gateway router. The server holds all data
    and email)

    Thanks for any help you can provide.

  2. Re: Network Virus Protection

    For only 9 Machines I think you are fine with your current setup. I
    say if you have 15-20 machines and growing would I get the centrally
    managed system. Not a virus in 3 years is pretty good. Could you
    ever be fully protected? NO! It is impossible to ever be fully
    protected, even with the centralized management setup. New virus
    signatures are streaming across the wires every day. If a new variant
    of a new virus is unleashed there is a possibility it can slip right
    through the cracks. Ofcourse there are some software pieces out there
    that scans for these types of code as well. To make a long story
    short, I think your fine.

    Mauricio

+ Reply to Thread