VPN - Network

This is a discussion on VPN - Network ; somehow we got this far and connected with 2 machines on a vpn over the net, both running Win XP Pro, but that's about as far as it goes, drives are shared and can only be seen on each LAN ...

  1. VPN

    somehow we got this far and connected with 2 machines on a vpn over the net,
    both running Win XP Pro,
    but that's about as far as it goes, drives are shared and can only be seen
    on each LAN but not over the VPN.
    is there a protocol you need for this ?

    jeroen

  2. Re: VPN

    could i please get a reply ?

    "jeroen" wrote in message
    > somehow we got this far and connected with 2 machines on a vpn over the

    net,
    > both running Win XP Pro,
    > but that's about as far as it goes, drives are shared and can only be seen
    > on each LAN but not over the VPN.
    > is there a protocol you need for this ?
    >
    > jeroen

  3. Re: VPN

    What is it your trying to do? How do you know you have correctly
    established a VPN? Did you use IPSec? What protocols did u use to
    establish the VPN?

  4. Re: VPN

    jeroen wrote:

    > I used the wizzard of XP pro
    > protocols are standard TCP
    > and this page to assist me
    > http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networ...vpn_server.htm
    > so, is chose the ip range and all the standard stuff.
    > created a name and checked for the IP to cennect to.
    >
    > one called the other, the other pc anwsered the call, and the VPN was
    > connected.
    > that's where it stopped for us, the disks where shared, but nothing could be
    > seen.
    > the workgroups where the same though.
    >
    > jeroen
    >
    > "Mauricio Fernandez MCSE, CCNA" wrote in message
    > news:90ebab91.0405300917.7e488d9d@posting.google.c om...
    >
    >>What is it your trying to do? How do you know you have correctly
    >>established a VPN? Did you use IPSec? What protocols did u use to
    >>establish the VPN?

    When you do an ipconfig on the calling machine, what do you see for the
    IP address?

    what is the IP address of the answering machine?

    can you ping between the two machines?

    (the answers to these will help us to start with a diagnosis)

    --
    Copyright 2004 T. Sean Weintz
    This post may be copied freely without

    ALSO - FWIW, The following WHOIS Record is years out of date:
    Weintz, Sean (SW2893) tweintz@MAIL.IDT.NET
    Sean Weintz
    462 Sixth Street , #A
    Brooklyn, NY 11215

  5. newsgroup on NAT/ALGs

    Hi,
    I'm new to this newsgroup & server.
    Can any one help me out where to find the
    newsgroup related to NAT/ALGs.
    Any thread regarding this will be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance
    -prasanth

  6. Re: newsgroup on NAT/ALGs

    In article <410e118f$0$35881$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>,
    krishnap@teneoris.com says...
    > Hi,
    > I'm new to this newsgroup & server.
    > Can any one help me out where to find the
    > newsgroup related to NAT/ALGs.
    > Any thread regarding this will be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > -prasanth

    You could try comp.security.firewalls. I have not seen anything ALG-
    related recently, but otherwise it's quite active newsgroup.

+ Reply to Thread