Wireless network - Network

This is a discussion on Wireless network - Network ; My son has a wireless network. It has a D-link 802.11b router and the computer with the wireless connection has a usb wireless adaptor. Now the problem, there are three wireless networks in his neighborhood, so how can I make ...

  1. Wireless network

    My son has a wireless network. It has a D-link 802.11b router and the
    computer with the wireless connection has a usb wireless adaptor.

    Now the problem, there are three wireless networks in his neighborhood, so
    how can I make the wireless computer always connect to his network?

    Both computers are XP Home.

    Email me at efreema1@rochester.rr.com

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Wireless network

    Very simple task. Enable WEP on your sons Wireless Router (AP). Set
    it up with a good password. Configure your sons wireless card with
    the information of the AP with proper WEP information.

    THAT alone should do it. Also Disable SSID Broadcast function on your
    Wireless Adapter so the other kids are not aware of the presence of
    your sons wireless router, rendering it safe.

+ Reply to Thread