digial/analog NIC? - Network

This is a discussion on digial/analog NIC? - Network ; is NIC card convert the binary signals that coming from the computer to analoge one so it can be sent thro internet. Or these days everything is digital?? I did not find anything mention about NIC signals in the below ...

  1. digial/analog NIC?

    is NIC card convert the binary signals that coming from the computer
    to analoge one so it can be sent thro internet. Or these days
    everything is digital??
    I did not find anything mention about NIC signals in the below
    defination. thanks a lot.

    ====
    http://searchnetworking.techtarget.c...212660,00.html

  2. Re: digial/analog NIC?

    esara123@hotmail.com (esara) wrote in message news:...
    > is NIC card convert the binary signals that coming from the computer
    > to analoge one so it can be sent thro internet. Or these days
    > everything is digital??
    > I did not find anything mention about NIC signals in the below
    > defination. thanks a lot.
    >
    > ====
    > http://searchnetworking.techtarget.c...212660,00.html

    The NIC card just converts the binary 1 and 0 data into an electrical
    signal that can be sent across a wire.

  3. Re: digial/analog NIC?

    > is NIC card convert the binary signals that coming from the computer
    > to analoge one so it can be sent thro internet. Or these days
    > everything is digital??

    Modems do that.

    A NIC always outputs digital signal (after encoding.digital data - e.g.
    Mantchester encoding), and Inputs digital data (after decoding the digital
    signal that receives)

    Manos

  4. Re: digial/analog NIC?

    "Manos27" wrote in message news:...
    > > is NIC card convert the binary signals that coming from the computer
    > > to analoge one so it can be sent thro internet. Or these days
    > > everything is digital??

    > Modems do that.
    >
    > A NIC always outputs digital signal (after encoding.digital data - e.g.
    > Mantchester encoding), and Inputs digital data (after decoding the digital
    > signal that receives)
    >
    > Manos

    Yes, but in an ethernet network, for example, it is electrical signals
    that are sent.

  5. Re: digial/analog NIC?

    > Yes, but in an ethernet network, for example, it is electrical signals
    > that are sent.

    Agree. I didnt say otherwise.

    Manos

+ Reply to Thread