is OSI model correct?!! - Network

This is a discussion on is OSI model correct?!! - Network ; In the OSI model first we connect 2 computers for example using a switch then the switch is connected to a router which in it turn will be connected to Internet.. but is OSI model physical layer is first then ...

  1. is OSI model correct?!!

    In the OSI model first we connect 2 computers for example using a
    switch then the switch is connected to a router which in it turn will
    be connected to Internet.. but is OSI model physical layer is first
    then Data Link Layer then The Network Layer?? is not that a conflict??
    should not OSI layers should be
    1) Physical Layer
    2) Network
    3) Data Link
    7) Applicaton

  2. Re: is OSI model correct?!!

    You are KILLING me with this post. The OSI Model is really just a
    logical explination how 1 packter goes through another network.

    Different technologies belong to each Layer in the OSI MODEL

    Application (FTP/EMAIL etc...)

    Presentation On the receiving end, the Presentation layer converts the
    machine-independent data from the network into the format required for
    the local system

    Session (manages dialogs between two computers by establishing,
    managing, and terminating communications)

    Transport (The Transport layer enables upper-layer protocols to
    interface with the network but hides the complexities of network
    operation from them)

    Network (Routers/IP Addressing)

    Datalink (switches/Mac addresses)

    Physical (Hubs/Cabling/Nics)

  3. Re: is OSI model correct?!!

    SekureSupport@aol.com (Mauricio Fernandez MCSE, CCNA) wrote in message news:<90ebab91.0405261502.25f19ddc@posting.google.com>...
    > You are KILLING me with this post. The OSI Model is really just a
    > logical explination how 1 packter goes through another network.
    >
    > Different technologies belong to each Layer in the OSI MODEL
    >
    > Application (FTP/EMAIL etc...)
    >
    > Presentation On the receiving end, the Presentation layer converts the
    > machine-independent data from the network into the format required for
    > the local system
    >
    > Session (manages dialogs between two computers by establishing,
    > managing, and terminating communications)
    >
    > Transport (The Transport layer enables upper-layer protocols to
    > interface with the network but hides the complexities of network
    > operation from them)
    >
    > Network (Routers/IP Addressing)
    >
    > Datalink (switches/Mac addresses)
    >
    > Physical (Hubs/Cabling/Nics)

    Pretty straight and to the point. I liked that.

+ Reply to Thread