IM Traffic Blocking Softwar - Network

This is a discussion on IM Traffic Blocking Softwar - Network ; Hey all, Anyone ever heard of an IM program called Chikka? A client of mine has a user who spends their day IMing through this program. I'm kinda getting sick of blocking ports and IP addresses at this point. Is ...

  1. IM Traffic Blocking Softwar

    Hey all,

    Anyone ever heard of an IM program called Chikka? A client of mine has a
    user who spends their day IMing through this program. I'm kinda getting
    sick of blocking ports and IP addresses at this point. Is there any program
    I can install on a Win2K server to block all IM traffic?

    TIA...

  2. Re: IM Traffic Blocking Softwar

    There is an easier way. If this is done at a job, ask the manager to
    create a IM USE POLICY. Once written ask your employees to all sign
    it. If it is violated the worker is terminated. There has to be
    acceptable use policies for computers, email, IM, you name it. Helps
    protect a company from lawsuits as well from disgruntled employees.

    Mo

+ Reply to Thread