Linux and Firewalls - Network

This is a discussion on Linux and Firewalls - Network ; Running Slackware 9.1 and am new to Linux. Is there a built-in firewall (which I haven't been able to find) or are there firewall packages out there to add on? Dave...

  1. Linux and Firewalls

    Running Slackware 9.1 and am new to Linux.

    Is there a built-in firewall (which I haven't been able to find) or
    are there firewall packages out there to add on?

    Dave

  2. Re: Linux and Firewalls

    Yes there is.
    iptables is the name.
    You can configure it yourself or
    with a frontend. I believe guarddog was a good one.

    Normally Slackware isn't used for newbies.

    On Mon, 24 May 2004 09:03:25 -0700, Dave wrote:

    > Running Slackware 9.1 and am new to Linux.
    >
    > Is there a built-in firewall (which I haven't been able to find) or
    > are there firewall packages out there to add on?
    >
    > Dave

+ Reply to Thread