training - a bad nic - Network

This is a discussion on training - a bad nic - Network ; Now this is a bizarre request. Is there a nic out there that can be programmed to fail - send bad packets, go rogue, runt, giant, jab - do any/some of all these things that I read a bad card/network ...

  1. training - a bad nic

    Now this is a bizarre request.

    Is there a nic out there that can be programmed to fail - send
    bad packets, go rogue, runt, giant, jab - do any/some of all these
    things that I read a bad card/network can do?

    Call it a training tool.

    Thanks (I don't have enough problems. :-)

  2. Re: training - a bad nic

    Seems like your trying to do some some hacking . There are programs
    out there that enable you to do this.

  3. Re: training - a bad nic

    No, actually I've been handed the network support job - none one
    else wanted it. I'm scared to death this thing is going to
    crump and I'd like to simulate some failures - which I've never
    seen before. I'm running some simple baseline software and would
    like to see how various failures show up... and so one. I wonder
    if there a 'flight trainer' out there that could simulate
    bad weather. :-)

    SekureSupport@aol.com (Mauricio Fernandez MCSE, CCNA) wrote in message news:<90ebab91.0405230458.1da78c82@posting.google.com>...
    > Seems like your trying to do some some hacking . There are programs
    > out there that enable you to do this.

  4. Re: training - a bad nic

    Sender Address - that's it. Now lets see if our system can do that too.
    Thanks

    SekureSupport@aol.com (Mauricio Fernandez MCSE, CCNA) wrote in message news:<90ebab91.0405230458.1da78c82@posting.google.com>...
    > Seems like your trying to do some some hacking . There are programs
    > out there that enable you to do this.

+ Reply to Thread