Linksys Wireless-B router & ACL's - Network

This is a discussion on Linksys Wireless-B router & ACL's - Network ; Hello, I just got a new LinkSys router yesterday for my cable modem connection. I have ONE static IP. It's running NAT, the basic setup out of the box. I have only one computer, my PC, behind the router. I'd ...

  1. Linksys Wireless-B router & ACL's

    Hello,

    I just got a new LinkSys router yesterday for my cable modem connection. I have ONE static IP. It's running NAT, the basic setup out of the box. I have only one computer, my PC, behind the router.

    I'd like to configure it in such a way that I can add the IP I would come from at work to a trusted access list, that would allow me to have access to a certain port on my pc, packets from any other source would be dropped. I know this is possible with other routers, I'm just wondering if someone has experience with this one? "LinkSys Wireless-B" I ran through all the options I saw in the web utility, and didn't see anywhere I could specify ACL's like this.

    Thanks for any help!
    --Michael

  2. Re: Linksys Wireless-B router & ACL's

    put your machine on the DMZ or the router.. THEN install black ice on
    the machine to ignore EVERY SINGLE IP ADDRESS except for the port
    and/or ip address u want it to allow.

+ Reply to Thread