Client Computer Can't Connect to Server - Network

This is a discussion on Client Computer Can't Connect to Server - Network ; Hey All. I'm having some problems configuring the network i have for two computers I run in my room. Both are running Windows XP connected PC--->PC with a crossover cable. I've configured all the settings manually from what I've been ...

  1. Client Computer Can't Connect to Server

    Hey All.

    I'm having some problems configuring the network i have for two
    computers I run in my room.

    Both are running Windows XP connected PC--->PC with a crossover cable.
    I've configured all the settings manually from what I've been taught
    and enabled sharing on my Internet Connection (Bell Sympatico.) I
    enabled the sharing of my Internet through the Local Area Connection 2
    which is the NIC that goes from my SERVER computer to my CLIENT
    computer via crossover cable.

    the TCP/IP settings on the computers are as follows:

    SERVER COMPUTER - NIC With the Crossover going to the CLIENT:

    IP ADDRESS - 192.168.0.1
    SUBNET MASK - 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway - 192.168.0.1

    DNS SERVER Preferred - 198.216.235.134
    DNS SERVER Alternate - 198.216.235.135 (I checked with my ISP, those
    are the proper DNS Server addresses.)

    CLIENT COMPUTER:

    IP ADDRESS - 192.168.0.2
    SUBNET MASK - 255.255.255.0

    the DNS Server Addresses are the same as above.

    I have no idea why it isn't working.

    Please someone help me.

  2. Re: Client Computer Can't Connect to Server

    > CLIENT COMPUTER:
    >
    > IP ADDRESS - 192.168.0.2
    > SUBNET MASK - 255.255.255.0
    > Default Gateway - 192.168.0.1

    hi!!!

    i think that the primary dns server should be 192.168.0.1
    and just leave blank the secondary dns server...

    and you have to share the conection to the internet at your server...

    i hope i helped

+ Reply to Thread