CISCO Net Academy and CCNA - Network

This is a discussion on CISCO Net Academy and CCNA - Network ; Hi I want to learn and prepare myself for CCNA. I gained an access to CISCO 1600 router and I have what is called "CISCO Networking Academy Program CD" (all legal and paid for). I want to learn it buy ...

  1. CISCO Net Academy and CCNA

    Hi
    I want to learn and prepare myself for CCNA. I gained an access to
    CISCO 1600 router and I have what is called "CISCO Networking Academy
    Program CD" (all legal and paid for). I want to learn it buy myself.
    From the Academy program I understood that the main goal is to config
    CISCO router! The real CISCO 1600 router can be access using Console
    terminal (Hyber ling) and then I can communicate with the router and
    if I type (?) I will get all the commands. I am so overwhelmed and
    confused!!! I do not know what is the GOAL of all of this?? I do not
    know what is the >>"BIG PICTURE"<< what I am suppose to do and what I
    am going to learn.. is all that about "CONFIGURATION" of CISCO
    router?? if yes why ??
    I would appreciate very much if I can get a big picture so I can start
    doing thing but I know what I am doing rather than jump here and there
    without any knowledge what I am suppose to do.

    Thanks a lot.

  2. Re: CISCO Net Academy and CCNA

    CCNA isn't about configuring Cisco router. There are some Cisco questions
    but you need to know Basic Networking before you get onto the Cisco part.
    Things like ' what is the collision domain on a switch and a hub?'.
    You should get a CCNA book and the Bozon test questions to get an idea of
    what is required.
    There is a lot more to networking than configuring one manufacturers kit.

    Barry.

    "esara" wrote in message
    news:fd7d27e7.0405190810.5b62e2f8@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi
    > I want to learn and prepare myself for CCNA. I gained an access to
    > CISCO 1600 router and I have what is called "CISCO Networking Academy
    > Program CD" (all legal and paid for). I want to learn it buy myself.
    > From the Academy program I understood that the main goal is to config
    > CISCO router! The real CISCO 1600 router can be access using Console
    > terminal (Hyber ling) and then I can communicate with the router and
    > if I type (?) I will get all the commands. I am so overwhelmed and
    > confused!!! I do not know what is the GOAL of all of this?? I do not
    > know what is the >>"BIG PICTURE"<< what I am suppose to do and what I
    > am going to learn.. is all that about "CONFIGURATION" of CISCO
    > router?? if yes why ??
    > I would appreciate very much if I can get a big picture so I can start
    > doing thing but I know what I am doing rather than jump here and there
    > without any knowledge what I am suppose to do.
    >
    > Thanks a lot.

  3. Re: CISCO Net Academy and CCNA

    esara123@hotmail.com (esara) wrote in message news:...
    > Hi
    > I want to learn and prepare myself for CCNA. I gained an access to
    > CISCO 1600 router and I have what is called "CISCO Networking Academy
    > Program CD" (all legal and paid for). I want to learn it buy myself.
    > From the Academy program I understood that the main goal is to config
    > CISCO router! The real CISCO 1600 router can be access using Console
    > terminal (Hyber ling) and then I can communicate with the router and
    > if I type (?) I will get all the commands. I am so overwhelmed and
    > confused!!! I do not know what is the GOAL of all of this?? I do not
    > know what is the >>"BIG PICTURE"<< what I am suppose to do and what I
    > am going to learn.. is all that about "CONFIGURATION" of CISCO
    > router?? if yes why ??
    > I would appreciate very much if I can get a big picture so I can start
    > doing thing but I know what I am doing rather than jump here and there
    > without any knowledge what I am suppose to do.
    >
    > Thanks a lot.

    From the questions that you've been asking on here it sounds like a
    course in basic networking could help you. That is what the Cisco
    Networking Academy teaches you. It's a really good program and in
    some places you can finish it in two semesters. I'm almost done with
    it myself and I would highly recommend it. I think that in the long
    run it might be easier than teaching yourself. It's also good because
    you have labs that you do that not only teach you to configure Cisco
    routers but also how to plan, set up and troubleshoot networks. Do
    you know of a college or university in your area that offers the CCNA
    courses? At cisco.netacad.com they have a way to locate an Academy
    location close to you. Like I said, I really recommend taking the
    classes.

    If not though, in addition to what the other person suggested, at
    www.testking.com they have study guides and practice tests that you
    can buy that prepare you for the CCNA exam. They also have a
    guarantee that you will pass on the first try if you use their
    materials. It might be another good resource to check out.

+ Reply to Thread