troubled network - Network

This is a discussion on troubled network - Network ; I was wondering if anyone had suggestions to fix my network. We have two offices connected via a T1. One location houses the servers and the other only contains PCs. Each location also has a VOIP system. Right now the ...

  1. troubled network

    I was wondering if anyone had suggestions to fix my network.
    We have two offices connected via a T1. One location houses the
    servers and the other only contains PCs. Each location also has a
    VOIP system. Right now the connection is bridged using routers
    provided by the telco. Both locations are on the same subnet and use
    workgroups to browse the network. The phone system is causing
    problems with the T1 and needs to be dealt with.
    I was hoping someone might be able to suggest the best method of
    filtering the traffic going across the T1 (mostly multicast) while
    maintaining the ability to have both locations browse the network.
    The Telco will not reconfigure their equipment so we have to purchase
    our own.

  2. Re: troubled network

    Well I will suggest QoS. I'm not the VoIP expert here but I know that
    anytime you have 1 Dedicated line with both DATA and VOICE you
    seriously need to set up some QoS in place. Where you give Voice more
    priority than DATA. Check your routers to see whats available in terms
    of Quality of Service.

+ Reply to Thread